M-Service becomes Vietnam’s new technology unicorn
On December 21, M-Service raised about $200 million Series E from global investors. M-Service’s valuation reached $2.27 billion, enough to be called the newest “technology unicorn” in Vietnam. As a result, TVS stock was boosted, maintaining a continuous increase of 7 sessions. TVS also does an investment in Finhay Vietnam. Founder of TVS is also at the top of GEE. The group is nurturing a new entertainment and educational unicorn.
Foodmap, an e-commerce platform for agricultural products, received an investment of $2.9 million
Founder & CEO Pham Ngoc Anh Tung said FoodMap was invested 2.9 million USD. This capital comes from Beenext, Vulpes, Ascend Vietnam Ventures, Wavemaker. Foodmap will expand the scale of human resource strategy to develop warehouse system and operation. FoodMap supplies more than 300 Vietnamese farms and agricultural manufacturers. FoodMap customers include both B2C and B2B. Although it hasn’t been long, FoodMap has had a strong brand name in the supply of agricultural products, clean and sourced food. FoodMap has been allowed to operate to ensure food sources for people during social distancing.
Thaiholdings does establish an aerospace company
Thaiholdings has just raised capital to establish a space flight company for the period 2026 – 2030. Thaispace has an expected charter capital of VND 26,688 billion. This company deals in air transportation services, construction of space stations, satellites, wireless telecommunications services, digital transmission, AI applications, Big Data, space transportation activities. Thaispace will make the first space flight in Phu Quoc if it is licensed. Thaiholdings will also accelerate progress, ensuring the goal of having the first flight into space in the period 2026 – 2030. The company is expected to IPO in the US in 2022 if it meets all conditions.
Singapore taxi company does a withdraw from Vietnam
ComfortDelGro has just transferred Vinataxi, ending its presence in Vietnam. ComfortDelGro is Singapore’s leading public passenger transport business. This company just transferred all 70% of Vinataxi shares to Helios. Helios is a major shareholder in Tracodi, which holds the remaining 30% of Vinataxi. In the first half of 2021, the Vietnamese market brought in less than 0.1% of total revenue. The divestment at Vinataxi marks the complete withdrawal of ComfortDelGro from Vietnam. This is a market that was once assessed by this business as a potential in taxi service.
Indonesian coffee chain does become Southeast Asia’s first beverage unicorn
Kopi Kenangan has reached 96 million Series C funding rounds. This coffee chain has thus become the first F&B “unicorn” in Southeast Asia. This Indonesian coffee chain has doubled its sales after a year. This chain will increase productivity with technology, providing the best customer experience. Online ordering app Kopi Kenangan was also the most downloaded of the year. Kopi Kenangan has adjusted its business strategy in line with the epidemic situation. This coffee chain has implemented online ordering, minimizing contact, increasing revenue, and ensuring safety.
Sources of information include Thanhnien, Tuoitre, and VNExpress.